Learn about our church history and hopes for Denton.
A Brief History of Our Church
Denton Presbyterian Church began as a joint effort between Christ Presbyterian Church, Flower Mound, Texas, the North Texas Presbytery and the Southwest Church Planting Network in 2006. We became what Presbyterians call a “particular” church in 2011. We are a group of folks from all over Denton that are seeking to have a reformed witness in our community, families, and various spheres of influence. We would love for you to join us in serving Denton and the surrounding areas.
Our Hopes for Denton, Texas
It is our prayer that through the work of Christ in the lives of our members and leadership, Denton Presbyterian would be a source of grace and healing to the community of Denton. We strive to lead lives of repentance, generosity, and trust in a God that gave His Son as redemption for fallen and broken lives. It is our hope that our activities and actions would glorify God and reflect His desire for justice, redemption, and communion to those within our local community.
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
Denton Presbyterian Church of Denton, Texas is a member church of the Presbyterian Church in America.